14 October 2008

Wedding invitations -again-

A couple of nights ago I did some wedding invites for a good friend of mine. As soon as she got engaged, she asked me if I could take care of the illustration. So she came back to me last week to ask if I could do something quickly, telling me she wanted a bride and a groom, smiling and with blue eyes and also that she liked the octopus and the pirate in the banner (that I originally did for her best friend, who's gonna be the witness)... So following are the roughs and final colored version.




photoshop


The wedding is in August next year, but she allowed me to post it before she sends the invites, which is very sweet of her.... and lucky for me, 'cause I couldn't wait to show you!
I've been wanting to do a pirate/octopus-like piece for a while, but couldn't find the right characters or the drive to do it and failed the few attempts I did... But I'm pretty pleased with how this one turned out...
Next wedding invites should be mine... Gosh, I have no idea what to do...

7 comments:

Tibo said...

i have wedding invitation to do too :) but i dont know how to draw :(

SHOo said...

But you know how to do awesome graphic designs though!! For a moment I thought YOU were getting married haha!

Mehdi Shiri said...

very good your design

Unknown said...

I discovered your work a few days ago, and I realy love it! I love your Universe; poetry and fun and animals ...hehe great!

SHOo said...

Thank you a lot Mehdi and Joao! That's a real pleasure to read those kind comments, and very encouraging... Been a bit buy with side work, and a bit lazy too I have to admit, but I will be posting more soon! Thanks again!

lautrette said...

I like this one a lot!!!

SHOo said...

Wow! Thanks Christophe!!